Welcome

Blogaholic Designs”=

Heart Blinkie

Random button

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chemo - Part 7

Number seven is a bit monumental.  I am now over halfway done!  Over the hump!  On the downhill side! Only five more to go!  You get the idea. 
This treatment was a little tougher.  Each one gets a little tougher than the last one, just like I was told.  They did say it got rid of "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly".  The nurses are so awesome, and they try new things each time to ward off the nausea. I was still nauseated, just not as much. I got to go to the church softball game that night, so that was a praise! 
I have a request.  I could not be making it through all of this without your prayers!  Please keep praying for my mouth and throat.  It is very difficult to swallow.  My hands still have the neuropathy and keep cramping up. These side effects don't get better until I get the pump out, so usually on Friday they start to lessen. 
I realized this week just how blessed I am!  So many of my friends and acquaintances are having horrible problems with chemo.  I have problems, but nothing compared to theirs!  I know the Father is bringing me through this for a greater blessing! Again, I would really appreciate prayer specifically for my throat, because I want to continue to sing in our church praise team and choir and glorify Him.  That is the one thing I keep praying for, that I will continue to be able to stand up and praise the Father through song!
Psalm 73:23-26 "Yet I still belong to You; You hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire You more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever." What great comfort we have in knowing God is holding our hand through it all. All else can fail us, but God is our strength forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment