Welcome

Blogaholic Designs”=

Heart Blinkie

Random button

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chemo - Next to last treatment!!

This treatment went better than the last!  They gave me a nausea pill before the treatment even began, then I took two in the next two days.  It helped the nausea, but it was still pretty bad.  It took until today for the nausea to die down.  The biggest thing now is the numbness of my hands and feet. My hands are a little better, but my feet are still numb up to the middle of my calf. It's still very difficult to swallow, too. I was warned these side effects could happen, and I know so well it could be SO much worse!   I am so very thankful for how the Father is continually bringing me through this and growing me in Him!
  
Thank you for all the prayers, calls, cards, food, etc.!!  Each one has been such a blessing.


Ephesians 2:10 God has made us what we are, and in our union with Christ Jesus he has created us for a life of good deeds, which he has already prepared for us to do. (GNT)

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping that today brings blessings and healing!
    You mentioned several side effects in your blog, and I just want you to know that intercessory prayers are being lifted up.
    My sister underwent chemo, and she developed mouth ulcers that kept her from being able to eat. She began using a mouth rinse called Biotene that gave her such relief that I thought I would mention it in case you are experiencing this.
    It's been forever since I've seen you! My husband and I moved to Randolph (next to Bonham), so now I commute back and forth to work. I thought the drive would be tough, but it's actually been one of the best parts of my day..time to pray and plan for the day.
    Joanna will be in Austin this Thursday, so I will be headed that way to see my soldier! Who would have thought that such a girly girl would be wearing fatigues.
    When my Justin was in Iraq, I prayed Psalm 91:4 over him every day. Months later, I found out that my mom was praying the exact same scripture daily. It really impressed upon me how God guides us to pray a certain way.I'm praying this scripture on your behalf just as I did for Justin. "He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler."
    I saw a picture of a mother bird with her wings completely surrounding her baby, and I thought of how completely protected that baby was. How much more sheltered and protected we are by our Heavenly Father!
    I'm so glad that you post on this blog so that we can know how you're doing. We care about you and are concerned.
    Hugs,
    Jenny Burdine

    ReplyDelete